When I began my fitness journey, it was all about losing weight.
Like most first time moms, I freaked out at what my post baby body looked like. I gained a lot of weight during pregnancy and was at a loss at how to get my body back.
Initially, most of the weight came off quick, but then I stalled out. I tried a dozen “Diet” pills, zany diets, starving myself, binding, endless amounts of cardio, you name it, I have probably at one time tried it. Basically my weight fluctuated….. A LOT!
2010 diet pills, cardio, and binding
Clean Eating (Organic foods and fresh foods only) and LiveFit Trainer 2011 This worked, but wasn’t sustainable for me and my family
2012 Weight was back up. I start lifting heavier, running everyday, and what I now call “Bro’ dieting basically just eating chicken, rice, veggies, and protein shakes. I was not tracking my foods, just eating. This worked at first, but then I plateaued…. This was when I started tracking my foods. Had no clue what macro set up I should be at, so just played with it till it worked. I wasn’t eating near enough, but lost a ton of weight and started my first bulk into 2013
By this time I had ended my first bulk and was ready to start cutting weight. I came across Flexible Dieting in September of 2013. This changed EVERYTHING for me! I now was losing weight, seeing muscle definition, and I was able to sustain the lifestyle.
Everything from then till my competition
Going through all of the trials and errors is a part of everyone’s journey. It is how we learn about what works for us as well as how to love and nurture our bodies. My journey evolved….
I went from an overweight insecure girl with one goal in mind, to a happy woman who not only strives to have several goals, but is secure with what she is right now.
Finding balance in this lifestyle was key for my success. I personally could not sustain the body I wanted with Clean eating, diet pills, binging cheat days, exhausting myself with endless hours of cardio, etc… I wanted to enjoy myself, my family, and my life. Skipping out on birthday cake and Christmas meals with my family, wasn’t doing that for me.
Does my weight fluctuate now? Absolutely! Difference between my journey then and my journey now, is I AM IN CONTROL I know what weight gain to expect and I know exactly how to lose it and how long it will take me. There is no set in stone way. Every individual is different. Can you still indulge and lose weight as I did? Yes! I have learned it is all about balancing not only your diet, but your lifestyle as a whole. I am still learning more everyday and evolving my journey. My advice to anyone who is looking for that “Quick Fix” STOP! If you want lasting results, it will take more than 21 days It is a learning process. Continue to seek out ways to change your lifestyle. Learn what will work best for you. Find a lifestyle that you know you can live with. Learn to evolve….
Key things I wished I knew then…..
* Weight Training will NOT make you bulky, neither will lifting HEAVY. It is difficult for a woman to grow muscle. What weight training will do is the exact thing most ladies want, that is to give the body definition or “tone”. Pick up heavy stuff and put it back down You can thank me later
* Diet pills, wraps, lotions, shakes, etc are not necessary. Do I use thermogenics? Yes I do. I use Lipo-Ex when I am cutting weight. Typically in the last 4-6 weeks. When I am on a calorie deficit, I lack energy. Using a thermogenic helps give me an additional boost and maximizes my energy. Do I use a sweat wrap? Yes I do when I am cutting weight, but mind you wraps and most lotions are a temporary fix…by temporary I mean maybe a few days of change. Do NOT expect them to remove fat from your body. I also drink protein shakes. I drink them to help me hit my protein counts if I can not do so by eating. Typically in the morning I add Nitrox-Pro to my cereal and milk Living on a liquid diet of shakes is not healthy nor sustainable. Again, it is about balance
* That I could enjoy treats with my family and still maintain a healthy lifestyle. Losing weight doesn’t have to be horrible. It is science. A healthy calorie deficit is all you need. Will you get hungry? Yes, you are in a deficit, but with balance, you can still enjoy it! I do flexible dieting. Better known as If It Fits Your Macros IIFYM. I enjoy a 80/20 lifestyle I hardly call it a diet.
* Be patient. Weight loss is a process. you didn’t blow up over night, so don’t expect to wake up and it all be gone after a week.
*Stay off the scale!!!! Measure and take photos. You will see the differences there. I weigh myself once a week, at the same time, in the same place, with the same scale. Why all the same? Your weight fluctuates CONSTANTLY. My weight from when I first wake up to when I go to bed, can change by 5lbs.
* Stop comparing your journey to someone else’s. No one is the same. No journey is the same. Everyone will have different results and have different macros, different training, etc. Just worry about you and I promise you will be more happy
I have tried to treat my journey as an adventure. Will you get tired and frustrated? I would be lying if I said no, but the knowledge you will attain and the results you will see and feel are something I can’t even put into words. DO NOT QUIT! Keep educating yourself and find out what will work for you xoxo
Powered By Saturn Supplements
Build With The Power Of the Universe