New Year Resolutions….Nah I got Goals!!!!!
Happy New Year!!!! I am so excited to start this year! It’s funny this time last year, I thought I knew exactly what I was doing and how to get where I needed to be. I had NO CLUE!!!! 2013 was a year of learning, and I know 2014 will be no different 😉
I am ecstatic for what this year holds. One thing I decided not to do this year is make a resolution. The definition of resolution is a firm decision to do or not to do something, the action of solving a problem, dispute, or contentious matter. Most resolutions go to the wayside. Every resolution I have ever set for myself, I gave up on at some point in the year. Monthly goals I have an easier time with 😉
No more empty promises from me. I am just going to stick to making my monthly goals! I have a lot to accomplish this year. My big goals are always easier if I break them down into smaller goals. Life changes so much throughout a year and sometimes you have to readjust your small goals to reach the big ones!
Let’s start January off right!
1. My first goal is to get this house and our family ready for our move. It takes time to get everything organized and clean. I am particular, so every year I make sure I have plenty of time to do things. This makes the move go much easier and less stressful!
2. Organize some garage sales. We typically sell and donate a ton of stuff before we move. This year will be no different. We have stuff that we have no idea why we have been holding on to it, but we have. The time has come to just let it go ha ha. We are downsizing from a big house to an apartment and know that we will be moving again in 16 months, so no need to have stuff that we do not use. If I haven’t seen something since our last move, it is going!!!! Luckily we live in a city that has a ton of garage sales every week ha ha ha
3. Get Josh’s student loan payments figured out, then assess how we will handle the rest of our debt. This is a huge issue for us. His student loans are a huge chunk of our financial frustrations. We are closer now to getting them under control, but are still having money problems. We know that as long as we work hard and stay faithful, God will lead us and help us in figuring them out.
4. Making sure Zoe’s lesson plans stay on track. Every year around this time I focus more on the move and Zoe’s lesson plan slacks. I need to stay focused this month and make sure she and I are on top of things!
5. I am going to change up my training a bit this month. I plan on training my back and shoulders twice a week. Then switching it up as needed for other body parts. I want to maximize my training. I also want to keep up with my cardio. I hate cardio and I slacked for a bit, but I need to keep my ultimate goal of crossing that stage in mind and just do it. 😉
6. Figure out my next step in my competition. I believe it will be to get my NPC card. This is going to cost money, so hopefully get more donations so I can make this happen! Thankfully I have had a couple and have been able to not only purchase my shoes, but also order my suit which is currently being made! I am almost 50% `to my goal!
6. To continue to work hard for my sponsor Saturn Supplements! I know they have some amazing things planned for 2014 and I would love to be a part of them! I truly love this company, what they stand for, their phenomenal team, not to mention the amazing product line they have! It has been a blessing to work with them and I can’t express enough how grateful I am for their support on my journey!!!
7. Last, but certainly not least, I owe myself time to collect my thoughts, pray, read, relax, humble myself and just be. This is something I struggle with every month. I spend a lot of time trying to be the perfect everything and I forget to just be me lol I need down time and I know this 😉 Life is about balance and just being is a huge part of this.
I hope you all have a fabulous day and set the bar high this month!!!! Happy New Year from Sports Bras and Sippy Cups xoxo