I can’t believe how fast this year is flying by! It is already October 6th and I haven’t posted my goals for the month yet!?!?! YIKES! Well, despite how fast this year is going, we LOVE October!
October is a busy month for our family. It is a month full of birthdays. Mine is the 10th, Josh’s the 13th, his dad and my mother also have birthdays on the 12th and 18th and we typically celebrate his mom’s September birthday along with ours.
Then of course is Halloween Zoe is more than excited this year. It will be more fun since she understands the process more. It will be her 3rd Halloween she will actually go trick or treating. Her first year she was too young (4mths old) to go and we lived in the middle of no where so we just stayed home. Her first trick or treating experience was fun, but she didn’t really understand what we were doing or why. Last year she wasn’t sure what we were doing till we got out there, then she was all about getting candy ha ha. This will be the first year that her daddy will be able to join us, so she is excited to show him the ropes. I think we will be making her costume this year, so it should be fun!
Now for my October goals….
- To get this family back to normal, or as normal as we can be ha ha With Beardog leaving, it has put quite the strain emotionally on all of us. Even though Charlie helps, we are all still hurting and grieving. Zoe has up’s and down’s, but she has been getting better everyday. She is still desperately missing her best friend xoxo We all are still healing and we will take our time in doing so.
- Next up is to get the ball rolling on all the birthday festivities! Birthdays mean CAKE!!! I will indulge in a little After all, it is my birthday too xoxo This will be the cake I am making for us this year. It will be a Neapolitan cake. More like the candy than the ice cream Chocolate on the bottom, Strawberry middle, and Coconut on the top layer. I am excited! I love the rose look too! It is gonna be a fun cake to make!!!
- Despite the cake….To continue smashing my diet and training. I have been doing great and the fat is melting away. It has not been a rushed process, but it has been going phenomenal! I am definitely feeling slimmer and not feeling weaker in the gym which is awesome! I am not starving, some days I actually have a harder time eating all my calories. I am going to lay off the alcohol. I have fallen into old habits and that needs to cease.
- Next up is to start packing up the house. Yes, we are moving again…. Not to a different city or state this time. We are gonna stay here in Springfield for the time being. Our lease is up at the end of February so we are looking at different options now. I like to take my time packing. Plus, we always use our moves as a way to clean out junk we have accumulated over the year. Luckily Springfield is notorious for having year round garage sales everywhere, so should be easy to sell our stuff.
- We are looking into loft living. Springfield has a beautiful downtown area. So researching lofts as well as the downtown area. We think it would be great to teach Zoe a much more diverse way of living. I grew up in both the city and the suburbs and learned a lot from both. I want her to have those same experiences. Plus we love the industrial/contemporary look of many of the lofts here and they are MUCH more affordable than the current house we live in.
- To continue with Zoe’s more advanced lesson plans. She is having fun again during lesson time instead of being bored, which is awesome. I just need to not be lazy and research better ways of teaching her. She loves to learn new things and as long as I keep it interesting, we can expand her knowledge.
- To not sweat the small stuff. With all the emotional drama I have fallen back into old habits of letting dumb things get to me. I know better and I know that it not only affects me, but my family. I need to give it to God and just let things be, so I can be HAPPY!
- And last but certainly not least is to keep representing my favorite company Saturn Supplements. Not only because I believe in their products, but because they support and believe in me!!!! Take time to check them out!!!!